Career Opportunities with RHLLPWe are a dynamic and growing public accounting firm in the North Okanagan with career opportunities available now.
We are a dynamic and growing public accounting firm in the North Okanagan looking to hire for the following position(s):
Office Administrative Assistant
Title: Administrative Office Assistant Positions Available
- Prepare, edit, and finalize correspondence, invoices, reports, and related materials.
- Coordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations.
- Schedule appointments.
- Answer phones and emails and forward to the appropriate person.
- Assist clients and potential clients in a professional manner.
- Maintain and order office inventory.
- Maintain document filing system.
- Compile data and other information.
- Record minutes of meetings.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Well organized, efficient, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to learn new programs.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Friendly and helpful when assisting clients on the phone and in person.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Similar office experience is preferred; however, we will train the right person.
Salary: $19 to $23/hour
- Seasonally loaded workload during February to June to build up accumulated time off for Fridays off in July, August, and September.
- Competitive wages and bonuses.
- Personal health services plan, life insurance, and disability plans.
- Paid time off.
- Company events.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Sandy LePoidvin at email@example.com
Successful hires will join an office of 12 with 2 partners, 1 CPA staff, 1 CPA student (we aim to start a new student in the program every 2 years), and a complement of non-designated accounting technicians and administrative personnel.
We have a full personal tax season that runs from approximately mid-February through to mid-June, with the remainder of the year spent preparing corporate year ends on an NTR basis and other special tax projects for clients. We also prepare a number of Review engagements for our larger clients and Audit engagements primarily in the NPO and PSAB sectors.
Since we operate in the smaller North Okanagan communities as compared to Vernon or Salmon Arm, we recognize the need to attract talent by paying at an attractive wage and by trying to offer a greater variety and depth of work as compared to firms in those centres. For this, we are seeking highly motivated, efficient, and organized individuals that can fit into our high volume environment.
If this intrigues you, we really want to hear from you.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is what the staff say about why they chose to work at Rossworn Henderson.
Love that my job is deadline driven.
Love time off in the summer.
Love the friendly atmosphere and that our offices are not the typical stuffy accountants office.
I love the challenge.
Flexibility, awesome people to work with and bosses to work for. Relaxed environment, challenging tasks, push you outside of your comfort zone to learn and develop.
Flexibility, I like the people I work with and for, five minutes from home and I get paid well.
- One of the greatest benefits of working here is the flexibility. I know that if I am needed, by one of my children especially, I have the ability to leave and make time up if necessary. I have not missed one school event, appointment, or ballet class.
- The support for meeting family needs is incredible.
I chose Rossworn Henderson LLP because I liked the professional and positive environment, and the continued encouragement and support for education and skill development.
- Management is approachable versus large firms
- Encourage to partake in fun events and it’s not all “business”
- Employment benefits
- Paid training
- Competitive compensation
- I took the position because it is local.
- I stay with the company because the people are friendly and they embrace individualism.
Great team spirit
Staff is treated awesome by partners
Helping hands all over if you ever need one
Excellent reputation in the community
Family comes first, if needed
Give Us A Call
Please do not use this form to send private or sensitive information, this is for general inquiries only.